Sunday, February 12, 2006

Split Personality

You see salvation. I see stone.
You see a president. I see a dictator.
You say ‘that’s good’. I say that’s politically correct.
You see bloodshed. I see population control.
You see never-say-die. I see a loser.
You say ‘so sad’. I say ‘serves him right’.
You say love. I say lust.
You see children. I see problems.
You see nice gestures. I see favours.
You feel guilty. I feel nothing.
You keep your cool. I burn with rage.
You hold your tears back. I cry like a child.
You see sportsmen. I see businessmen.
You live in the future. I am a prisoner of the past.
You take shit. I wanna quit.
You clap. I want applause.
You listen. I talk.
You say, ‘we did it’. I say ‘I did it’.
You see the face. I see the wart.
You want to be me. I want to be you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home